List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: kpresenter - assigning effects
From:       Toshitaka Fujioka <toshitaka () kde ! gr ! jp>
Date:       2001-11-11 16:35:07

On Sunday 04 November 2001 20:30, Brad Hards wrote:
> Toshitaka Fujioka wrote:
> > On Tuesday 30 October 2001 20:06, Brad Hards wrote:
> > > G'day all,
> > >
> > > I am having trouble figuring out what the "Number" entries are supposed
> > > to do in KPresenter's Assign Effect dialogs (both Appear and Disappear
> > > sections). I have the combo boxes figured out, and the Number sections
> > > seem to be related to how much of the selected object is affected, but
> > > I don't have it clear in my mind. I am especially confused by the
> > > setting of zero.
> > >
> > > Can anyone explain this for me?
> >
> > This number is the order that object appears or disappears.
> > Please set value in some object and execute a screen presentation.
>
> Thanks. The trick was to assign different values to the different objects
> on the screen. I was only assigning a value to the main text box, and
> nothing seemed to happen. I have this clear (and partly documented) now.
>
> Can I suggest that the current approach is not very intuitive? A better
> approach might be to label this as Order of Appearance / Order of
> Disappearance.

Ok, I changed these label. Thank you for your suggestion.

> A further enhancement would be to change 0 to "when slide
> appears", 1 to "first", 2 to "second", 3 to "third" and so on; and to add a
> selection of "last". The underlying representation probably doesn't need to
> change, but this would be more easily understood.

Hmm, this is difficult. Because, this number have from 0 to 99.
I must add 100 i18n(...) ;

i18n( "when slide appears" );
i18n( "first" );
i18n( "second" );
i18n( "third" );
i18n( "ninety eight" );
i18n( "last" );

--
Toshitaka Fujioka
http://www.kde.org                The K Desktop Environment Project

-- A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.  Lao-zi --