List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Installation of koffice-1.1
From:       Jonathan Drews <j.e.drews () worldnet ! att ! net>
Date:       2001-11-11 16:20:03

Hi Pascal:

On Sunday 11 November 2001 09:48, GHYS Pascal Gérard wrote:
> I tried to install koffice-1.1 to replace my old version (koffice-1.0 of
> Mandrake8.0 package).
>
> But, the message below appeared after the rpm-commande:
>
> rpm -Uvh koffice-1.1-1mdk.i586.rpm
>
> error: failed dependencies:
>         libkdeprint.so.0 is needed by koffice-1.1-1mdk
>

> However, My KDE environment is :
>
> 	kde-2.1.1
> 	kdesupport-2.1.1-2mdk
> 	kdebase-2.1.1-13mdk
> 	kdelibs-2.1.2-4mdk
>
> What can i do to solve this problem ??

 In general, do this:
1) locate ibkdeprint.so.0 which will give the full path name.
2) then issue the command rpm -qf  /path-name/query

the outcome should look similar to this (note I have SuSE, so the paths will
be different).
planck@linux:~> locate  libkdeprint.so.0
/opt/kde2/lib/libkdeprint.so.0
/opt/kde2/lib/libkdeprint.so.0.0.1
planck@linux:~> rpm -qf /opt/kde2/lib/libkdeprint.so.0
kdelibs-2.2.1-27

 I looked for Mandrake rpm's at
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/2.2.1/Mandrake
There are none presently. Here is the posting:
There are no packages for Mandrake 7.x nor 8.0 yet.

If you want KDE 2.2.1 right now, you can update to "cooker", the
development version of Mandrake 8.1, which has KDE-2.2.1 packages.
(see http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/cookerdevel.php3)
or you can update to the release candidate of Mandrake 8.1
(see http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ftp.php3)

Otherwise, it is recommended to wait for the official update which will
be done by Mandrakesoft shortly.

							Cheers,

							Jonathan