List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Printing from KWord 1.1 (using KDE 2.2.1)
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-11-11 0:22:50

On Friday 09 November 2001 23:00, Thomas Zander wrote:
|   Hi people,
|
|   You all seem to be suffering from exactly the same problems with KWord
| printing.
|
|   After looking at the information you all provided I can only come to one
| conclusion which is that you all use vector fonts and you all use free
| fonts. I am afraid your problems are based on bad quality fonts.
|
|   Before you start burning down SuSe or RedHat on this let me tell you that
| fonts are expensive things; buy a Helvetica from Adobe and it will cost you
| about about 25.99 USD (see http://www.adobe.com/type/browser/P/P_934.html)

You can download ATM (Adobe Type Manager) Lite for Windows and extract Type1
fonts from it *for free*.
(or, download Arial/TNR/Verdana/Tahoma from Microsoft Typography web site)

|   The best solve is to install correct fonts, the Microsoft free
| downloadable fonts are a good bet, and if you want to print professionaly
| you might consider buying them.

If somebody is ready to spend some money on fonts, I would recommend to buy
*Linotype* fonts (and do not buy fonts from Adobe or Microsoft)
Linotype/B&S are *professionals*, they do not do fonts for hobby - that's
their business (they are in fonts business over 100 years!..).

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)