List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Printing from KWord 1.1 (using KDE 2.2.1)
From:       Eivind Trondsen <eivind () notuxnoglory ! org>
Date:       2001-11-07 22:23:43

On Wednesday 07 November 2001 22:42, Thomas Zander wrote:
> You are not the only one, I have seen a number of problems related to these
> fonts, altough you are the only one mentioning RH...

I have SuSE here now, but I will try to reproduce on RH once I get the
chance...

> Could you tell me;
> - which XFree you are using? (the control center has an information section
> where you can find out)

4.01.11 it seems. I also run Xinerama, but only on this box here. Two heads.

>   Also check if you have in your XF86Config (probably in /etc/X11/) these 2
> lines in the Section "Module"
>     Load        "type1"
>     Load        "freetype"

Section "Module"
  Load         "type1"
  Load         "speedo"
  Load         "extmod"
  Load         "freetype"
  Load         "glx"
  Load         "dri"
EndSection

> - if you are using anti-aliased fonts. (in control center->look &
> feel->fonts) - how does printing work from a KDE text editor (Kate for
> example) ?  Don't forget to select the Helvetica font from its
> configuration dialog!

Helvetica in Kate works like a charm....

> If you have the time please try to install the excelent KFontInstaller,
> this will help you install additional fonts and can tell you things like
> the availability of .AFM files and other important stuff...

I will try to do some more research in the weekend. No time now... sorry!

Eivind