List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Printing from KWord 1.1 (using KDE 2.2.1)
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-11-07 21:42:02

You are not the only one, I have seen a number of problems related to these fonts,
altough you are the only one mentioning RH...

Could you tell me;
- which XFree you are using? (the control center has an information section where
  you can find out)
  Also check if you have in your XF86Config (probably in /etc/X11/) these 2 lines
  in the Section "Module"
    Load        "type1"
    Load        "freetype"

- if you are using anti-aliased fonts. (in control center->look & feel->fonts)
- how does printing work from a KDE text editor (Kate for example) ?  Don't
  forget to select the Helvetica font from its configuration dialog!

If you have the time please try to install the excelent KFontInstaller, this will
help you install additional fonts and can tell you things like the availability of
.AFM files and other important stuff...

http://freshmeat.net/projects/kfontinst/

Let us know your findings please (via the koffice list)