List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Thanks!
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-09-15 23:50:27

Hello,
thanks for the kind words.

> 1) The ability to insert a variety of date types.
I need that too, so I have started working on that ;)
(At least being able to insert a date with the "short date format"
defined in KControl (per language). Do you see the need for more formats
(a bit like KSpread IIRC, which offers many formats) ?

> 2) Envelope printing.  Ideally, this would be a KPart that would draw its
> data from the KDE address book.  A big Word Perfect flaw in this regard is
> that it had its own proprietary address book that required separate
> maintenance.  I'm working on a separate Qt application that will print
> envelopes, but I consider that a stop-gap measure until KOffice supports that
> feature.  By the time I finish my version, KWord will probably already have a
> better one -grin-.

Why not work on adding this to KWord directly, then ? ;-)

As Jonathan answered, KWord has the required features for printing envelopes.
What's missing is a wizard that lets the user select his type of envelope,
and generate the appropriate frames from that. Should be quite easy to add,
especially if you already thought about what the UI should be ;)

Keep in mind that KOffice has _very_ few developers, so nothing will "happen
automatically by the next release". It all has to be done by someone ;)

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/