List:       koffice
Subject:    Re: Thanks!
From:       "J.Drews" <j.e.drews () worldnet ! att ! net>
Date:       2001-09-15 23:31:36

Hi Tony:

On Saturday 15 September 2001 12:38 pm, Tony O'Bryan wrote:

> 1) The ability to insert a variety of date types.
> 2) Envelope printing.  Ideally, this would be a KPart that would draw its
> data from the KDE address book.

 You can do Envelope printing by:
Selecting landscape and drawing a frame the size of the desired envelope.
Select  'On new page creation   Place a copy of this frame'.  Make sure the
top Margin, in page layout,  is 0 (or close to zero).

Draw a text frame for your return address and select " On new page creation
Place a copy of this frame". Enter your return address here.

Click outside the envelope frame and hit enter to duplicate the envelope
frame and return address frames on subsequent pages.

Finally make a text frame for the recipients address and cut and paste it
into the centered text frame. Do this for as many envelopes as you need to
print.

 I use a HP 610 printer so I can stuff the envelopes into the printers
envelope slot, on the right hand side.  They print OK.

 I realize this is an ad hoc solution but it is reliable and works OK. HTH

--
							Cheers,

							Jonathan