List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Suggestion
From:       John Aldrich <john () chattanooga ! net>
Date:       2001-06-18 14:11:14

On Monday 18 June 2001 09:40 am, Scott Coursey wrote:
> First off, I really love using KMail.  The only announce I have found
> (ever) is the address book.  Have you any plans on making the address book
> more "full-featured"?
>
> Right now, it's just a collection of email addresses.  It would be very
> nice if we were allowed to include such items (at a minimum) of someone's
> first and last names.  I'm not suggesting you turn it into a
> contact-management tool.  Sometimes, there are email addresses that are
> very cryptic (like the old-fashioned Compuseve addresses that were nothing
> but numbers), and it'd be nice to say, "Send an email to Kathy" and it
> would suggest a list of addresses with the first name of "Kathy".
>
> Just my $0.000002 worth (still not awake right now, but wanted to send this
> suggestion for a very long time).

Scott:
Take a look at KAB. It's much more like a "real" addressbook. Unfortunately
the current "release" version only lets you have one email address per person
(actually, it'll let you have multiples, but it doesn't let you CHOOSE which
email address to use for a given person.) I'm told this is fixed in the
development version, though... I, personally, can't wait for KMail 1.3 or
whatever the next "release" version will be. :-)
	John
(not a programmer, just a lurking user! <G>)