List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Delete messages with filters
From:       Marc Mutz <Marc.Mutz () uni-bielefeld ! de>
Date:       2001-05-31 12:02:59

On Thursday 31 May 2001 12:40, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> > Piping though /bin/true would be a nice way to delete messages, but
> > IIRC that has been disabled, too -- to 'protect' the users ...
<snip>

No, not to protect users. If the stdout is empty, or the stdout doesn't
look like a message, then the old version is retained.

What you can do is to simply 'cat /path/to/my/bogus/message' as filter
application, but then you have the problem again that it is not marked
as read.

> As for filter actions, please ask Marc. I was off for some days and
> have to get the current CVS in one of the next nights. But I know
> that he planed to implement this and I would wonder if he hasn't
> checked in it already.
<snip>

Sorry, hasn't been done yet. I've done outgoing filtering and filtering
on size and age instead.

OK, I will put my font+color configuration stuff on hold and do the
filter actions that I promised first. Will start with 'set status',
even if it will be hacky.

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <Marc@Mutz.com>