List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Delete messages with filters
From:       Melchior FRANZ <a8603365 () unet ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       2001-05-31 11:18:51

* Andreas Gungl -- Thursday 31 May 2001 12:40:
> Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> > Piping though /bin/true would be a nice way to delete messages, but IIRC
> > that has been disabled, too -- to 'protect' the users ...
>
> You've read Rob's message, haven't you. Throw the message into a certain
> folder and hunt a cron job on it.

Yes, I have. And I already told that I consider it a good solution as soon
as these messages can also be marked "read" by the filter.

I don't even know why I'm arguing about that topic. I don't need that feature
and I won't use it, anyway. I just don't like that "user protection" attitude,
sorry.   ;-)

All in all I'm a =very= content kmail user and I don't know a graphical mail
program on any OS that comes close to the usefulness and quality of kmail.
I used Netscape before and I never looked back (without disgust, that is).
My personal wishlist actually contains just three wishes (deleting mails or
eye candy not being part of it) and I can wait ... or contribute.    :-)

m.