List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Delete messages with filters
From:       Melchior FRANZ <a8603365 () unet ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       2001-05-31 10:16:52

* Andreas Gungl -- Thursday 31 May 2001 11:16:
> Sometimes I wonder if people try to use the list archives.
>
> Moving to trash is a solution, is implemented, does prevent loosing
> messages because of accidently bad filter rules. (Additional workarounds
> for more experienced users are possible.)
> Setting the status to read will be supported as filter action. People
> who use it NOW should use CVS or try a beta version.

I'm on the list since 25 Sep 2000. I have read several wishlist items
concerning the deletion of messages and followed several discussions about it.
I know the arguments against it, but I have yet to see a good one.
Further more I =am= using a current CVS version (yesterday), and there's no
such as thing as a "set status to read filter action". Where would I find it?
Piping though /bin/true would be a nice way to delete messages, but IIRC
that has been disabled, too -- to 'protect' the users ...

m.