List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Delete messages with filters
From:       Andreas Gungl <Andreas.Gungl () osp-dd ! de>
Date:       2001-05-31 9:16:54

Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> understand it. (Yes, moving mails into the trash would be a solution, if
> only the email got marked as read. Otherwise 99 of 100 users will go
> there sooner or later and mark it manually. Admittedly, it's a
> psychological problem ...)

Sometimes I wonder if people try to use the list archives.

Moving to trash is a solution, is implemented, does prevent loosing
messages because of accidently bad filter rules. (Additional workarounds
for more experienced users are possible.)
Setting the status to read will be supported as filter action. People
who use it NOW should use CVS or try a beta version.

There are lots of features in KMail but often we can read: If I don't
have this *ONE* then KMail is useless for me. What programs did these
people use before?

Andreas