List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    KDE & mime multipart messages?
From:       Douglas Barton <dbarton () dascom ! com ! au>
Date:       2001-05-24 6:25:44

Hi,

I'be been using mutt for secure email (pgp/gpg).  I recently saw KMail and
noticed that it claimed to be PGP/GPG aware.  Unfortunately it seems that the
message formats of mutt and KMail differ.

Mutt sends multipart MIME messages, while KMail sends messages with are
text/plain.

Apart from that, the encryption seems to work fine.

Are you aware of any work-arounds for this?  Is it possile to get KMail to
send encrypted mail as mime multipart messages?  Which is the correct usage,
mutt or KMail?

cheers,

Versions of Mutt and KMail that i am using:

	Mutt 1.3.12i (2000-11-27)
	KMail 1.1.99 (KDE 2.0.1)

Douglas Barton, Advisory SW Engineer, Tivoli Systems Gold Coast
dbarton@dascom.com.au  Ph: +61 7 5552 4002 Fax: +61 7 5571 0420
99 CBR900RR FireBlade * 99 CBR600F4 * HRCA #2912 * Live to Ride
GPG Public Key: http://www.dascom.com.au/dbarton/my_pub_key.txt