List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMailCvt
From:       Andre Alexander Bell <andre.bell () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-05-24 8:18:05

Hello again!

On Saturday, 19. May 2001 23:13, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> On Saturday, 19. May 2001 19:49, Andre Alexander Bell wrote:
> > Here is the backtrace:
> >
> > 0x40c69ec9 in wait4 () from /lib/libc.so.6
> > #0  0x40c69ec9 in wait4 () from /lib/libc.so.6
> > #1  0x40cd3e4c in __check_rhosts_file () from /lib/libc.so.6
> > #2  0x404ad100 in KCrash::defaultCrashHandler () from
> > /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.3
> >
> > #3  0x40bf3a18 in sigaction () from /lib/libc.so.6
> > #4  0x40c37834 in malloc () from /lib/libc.so.6
>
> Too bad. If an application crashes in malloc, this is most often a memory
> corruption problem - hard to debug.

OK, I've been playing around with the files. And I found the following, by
always moving files with error to another directory:
All files that I've had no problems with are imported now. There are three
Files wich are no mailfolder. (offline.dbx, folders.dbx and pop3uidl.dbx)
These files I had to delete, because kmailcvt complains about these files to
not being mailfolders. (Surely, this doesn't crash kmailcvt)
The next thing was that, as far as I can see, kmailcvt always complains about
unrecoverable errors with mailfolders that are empty.
And last but not least I found out that there are two folders, which crash
kmailcvt.
I don't know if and when I'll find some time to debug kmailcvt to fix these
bugs. If there is anyone out who want's to do this, I will supply the buggy
mailfolder-file for debugging. (It's just some CVS-messages, but about 1,1MB
each)

So long

Andre