List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: TLS default enabled/disabled?
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-05-22 12:02:03

On Tuesday, 22. May 2001 05:17, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> Hi...
>
> > Again, I think that this final solution in now there, even if probably no
> > the best possible one.
>
> excellent.. i haven't looked at it yet, but i'm assuming that one can now
> set all the options on URL line.. if this is so i'll finish up the patch
> during the week and test it... i haven't sent in the patch up to this point
> because, well, without _something_ happening to kio_smtp it wouldn't work
> and therefore wasn't worth wasting time over.
>
> /me is happy now

Sorry, unfortunately I have to disappoint you again.

I found out, that kio_smtp is _not_ licenced under the GPL. If this code is
used in KMail it only leads to trouble.
If the author can't be conviced to licence it under the GPL, this code has to
be thrown out of KDE's CVS. I'm going to discuss this issue with the
responsible persons.
Unfortunately kio_pop3 and ksasl suffer from the same problem.

Regards,
Michael Häckel