List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: uuencoded files
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-05-06 6:32:16

On Saturday,  5. May 2001 14:02, Marc Mutz wrote:

> Last time I used uudecode, this would cause you to lose all your emails!
> uudecode happily takes input on stdin, but it won't put anything on
> stdout that resembles a mail. But 'filter app' (new label: 'pipe
> through') expects the modified message on stdout. The only way to
> automatically filter out uuencoded stuff is to make the somthing like
> the following script and use that as "filter app" (untested!):

The filter app feature was to supposed to leave the content of the mail
unchanged, if the filter app does not output anything. I think that behaviour
should at least be kept, since I really can't see a purpuse of eating the
whole content of the mail.

Maybe it would also be nice to have to ability to give the whole mail to an
application with the execute rule, since that would be more save.

BTW: I'm currently limited to KDE 2.1.1, I look at your patches tonight or
tomorrow.

Regards,
Michael Häckel