List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: uuencoded files
From:       Marc Mutz <Marc.Mutz () uni-bielefeld ! de>
Date:       2001-05-06 13:23:17

Michael Häckel wrote:

Important bit:
<snip>
> > uudecode happily takes input on stdin, but it won't put anything on
> > stdout that resembles a mail.
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
<snip>
> The filter app feature was to supposed to leave the content of the mail
> unchanged, if the filter app does not output anything. I think that behaviour
> should at least be kept, since I really can't see a purpuse of eating the
> whole content of the mail.

This is still the behaviour. Yet, uudecode will output the _decoded
file_ on stdout! That's precisely what the script I posted tries to
circumvent: Polluting stdout.

> Maybe it would also be nice to have to ability to give the whole mail to an
> application with the execute rule, since that would be more save.

<snip>

Good idea. Makes some things easier in the implementation, too.

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <Marc@Mutz.com>     http://EncryptionHOWTO.sourceforge.net/
University of Bielefeld, Dep. of Mathematics / Dep. of Physics

PGP-keyID's:   0xd46ce9ab (RSA), 0x7ae55b9e (DSS/DH)