List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail last of 16 Win/Mac/Linux Mail Clients in c't test!
From:       Andre Alexander Bell <andre.bell () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-05-05 23:16:40

Hello!

I'm new to this mailinglist, but nevertheless I'll just jump into this
discussion....

On Saturday,  5. May 2001 22:45, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> We actually have SMTP after POP, there is an option "Send mail in outbox
> folder on check". All one have to do is writing messages, queueing them,
> then hitting the "check mail" button.
> This is how I work every day at home, nothing unusual, no problems.

Maybe SMTP after POP is meant different.
Start kmail, compose a message and hit the send now key. If kmail then would
first authenticate over pop without getting mail and then just sends the mail
with SMTP, this would be what I suggest to be SMTP after POP.
But I'm surely using it the same way as you do...

I've not taken any look into the archives up to now, but what about binding
the SMTP to the identity to even have multiple SMTPs?

Andre