List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH : scoring, take 2
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2001-04-16 14:38:52

On Monday 16 April 2001 15:49, Don Sanders wrote:

> I don't want to see any slow down at all. Scores should only be computed
> for visible items using the virtual methods text and pixmap. That ways
> scoring should be free when not sorting by score.

But I don't see how sorting by score would still work in that case...

> Also this way you prevent
> memory bloat too. See Sam's patch for how that should work.

Is it in CVS ?

> People already complain that KMail takes too much memory, and I am working
> really hard to sped it up too.
>
> When sorting by score (if that's possible) is sounds like things will be
> pretty slow.

I've tried it on a moderately large folder and it worked just fine... Then
again I have a PIII 600 so I prefer to rely on other's comments regarding
speed.

> BTW Guillaume I'm sorry about editing kmheaders  under you and no doubt
> causing conflicts that have to be merged.

No problem. :-)

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.telegraph-road.org