List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH : scoring
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2001-04-10 12:18:11

On Tuesday 10 April 2001 10:58, Michael Häckel wrote:

> Well, first of all switching folders is already slow enough. With your
> patch switching to a big folder is again slower by a factor of 8 (!) even
> for people that don't have any scoring rules defined. I consider that far
> from being acceptable.

Yikes. I agree. I tried to find a better place where to score messages
(presumably as they are read from a folder), but couldn't find one.

> Then at least I personally thing, that I don't need this feature, therefore
> it would be good, if there would be a possibility to get rid of that
> "Score" column if a user isn't interested in that feature. Maybe only
> displaying it if a scoring rule for the selected folder is defined would be
> a good idea.

OK.

> Regarding the position in the configure dialog I think it would also fit a
> tab on the Appearance page.

OK. I wasn't too sure of where to put it.

> Also in a mail client, I think we speak of
> folders and not of groups like in a news reader.

That will have to be changed in libkdenetwork... Not sure how we can do this.

> Finally I din't manage to get any score displayed in the Score column. I
> don't know if I need insctructions for that of if it really doesn't work.

It's working for me, but editing rules is a bit tricky because of the QTable
widgets. You really need to click on some other cell to move the focus to it
so the value you've entered is actually taken into account.

> At least the message box action seems to work.

I probably need to update my libkdenetwork tree, I don't recall seeing this
action.

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.telegraph-road.org