List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH : scoring
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-04-10 8:58:57

On Monday,  9. April 2001 22:40, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> On Sunday 08 April 2001 23:15, Michael Häckel wrote:
> > If you would also attach kmscoring.h and kmscoring.cpp, I would even be
> > able to test it :-)
>
> Argh. How come cvs diff doesn't find them ? I'm cursed. Here they are.

Well, first of all switching folders is already slow enough. With your patch
switching to a big folder is again slower by a factor of 8 (!) even for
people that don't have any scoring rules defined. I consider that far from
being acceptable.

Then at least I personally thing, that I don't need this feature, therefore
it would be good, if there would be a possibility to get rid of that "Score"
column if a user isn't interested in that feature. Maybe only displaying it
if a scoring rule for the selected folder is defined would be a good idea.

Regarding the position in the configure dialog I think it would also fit a
tab on the Appearance page. Some other aplications have fairly small icons
for the pages and sometimes even a tree structure in them. However KMail has
very few very big icons there and therefore several tabs on the individial
pages. I think we should stick to the present pages if at all possible.

The names of the system folders are not translated and IMAP folders are not
displayed in the rule edit dialog. You can get rid of both problem by using
KMFolderTree::createFolderList. Also in a mail client, I think we speak of
folders and not of groups like in a news reader.

Finally I din't manage to get any score displayed in the Score column. I
don't know if I need insctructions for that of if it really doesn't work.

At least the message box action seems to work. However first one of the
values I entered was not remembered which caused the rule to match every
message. After answering 10 of probably 2000 dialogs to come I decided to
kill KMail. I think there should be at least a "Ok to all" button.

Regards,
Michael Häckel