List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail wishlist/bugs
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-03-26 0:10:01

Am Samstag, 24. März 2001 22:45 schrieb Michael Häckel:

Hi,

> Nevertheless I just wonder how many people really use IMAP as it is
> supposed to be by storing really all mails on a server. Everywhere people
> cry for IMAP support and somehow consider KMail not as a real e-mail client
> as long it does not support it, as again mentioned as the main lacking
> feature in a recent linuxorbit story.

did you read the KDE 2.1 review on linuxorbit.com (from yesterday)?
Quoting:

"Unfortunately, IMAP support is still not available, though promissed to be
coming soon."

And at the bottom, in the summary:

"Kmail continues to improve as a solid email client, even though IMAP isn't
there yet."

Another posting right below the KDE review on linuxorbit had the title:
"Tradeclient 0.9.0 released with full IMAP support"

:)

> At least I don't know even one person personally who uses IMAP. I only here
> about it via the internet. For many people POP3 with all its options
> (Delete mails from the server, leave mails on the server, don't delete
> mails from the server) is already too complicated :-)

Hehe :)

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer