List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail wishlist/bugs
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-03-23 15:18:38

On Friday, 23. March 2001 15:41, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> Am Freitag, 23. März 2001 14:07 schrieb Michael Häckel:
>
> > That is possible with Folder->Modify or from the context menu, however it
> > would be nice, if it would also work via drag and drop, but it has to be
> > taken sure then, the folders are not easily moved by accident.
>
> Maybe with a popupmenu that offers "Copy", "Move" "Abort" upon dropping?

That would be a solution, however why do you want to copy a folder.

> > Sorry, can't reproduce. Works correctely here with my wheel mouse.
>
> Really? When I click on a mail in the listview, then move the mouse
> (without clicking) to the message pane and scroll up or down, both the
> listview and the message pane scroll. When I click on the message pane and
> then scroll, only the message pane scrolls.

For me no matter where I click, only the frame where the mouse cursor is
scrolls.
Are you perhaps running imwheel? You should not do that.

> > > - Is there an easy way to switch between proportional and
> > > non-proportional font in composer and viewer (for "ascii-art" or rather
> > > things like underlining or marking something with ^^^)?
> >
> > Not yet, but was also already requested a few times.
>
> Ok, shall I have a look or is someone else going to add that?

At least I'm not. We should really take care that our menus don't get
bloated with unimportant things, but in the view menu there probably still is
some space.

> > > - KURLRequester should be used where possible (instead of lineedit +
> > >   pushbutton).
> >
> > Well, I currently don't know, how that looks like.
>
> By default, it has a folder-icon instead of the "Browse..." text, but you
> can customize that, so it would look exactly like it does now. Basically,
> it's a lineedit + pushbutton + integrated API for the filedialog +
> completion.

Ok, then.

> > Currently only context menu on the e-mail address, but isn't that enough?
>
> Hmm, well, if you know it, it's probably ok, I was just a newbie without a
> clue and I thought I might do that from the normal contextmenu or even from
> the one in the listview.
>
> For most cases, it would even suffice to have an implicit addressbook, I
> think. Pegasus Mail kept a list of maybe 30 email addresses, that you
> recently wrote a mail to. Not only single email addresses; if you wrote one
> mail to bla@kde.org, foo@kde.org, foobar@kde.org, then it would give you
> all of them.
>
> Maybe the To: and Cc: lineedits could become comboboxes, containing those
> recent addresses? I also thought about using KCompletion for that stuff. I
> had a look at that a while ago, but it required some more work than I had
> time then.

Do you know about the Ctrl+T functionality?
This feature is really mentioned on the first page of the documentation :-)

> I don't have my IMAP account anymore ;-((

That seems to be everywhere the same, not only with you. Those crying loadest
for IMAP support in KMail either have no idea about IMAP, probably never will
really use it or anyway don't really need IMAP. :-)

Regards,
Michael Häckel