List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: patch for Right Mouse popup in Message and Headers Window
From:       seth () psy ! au ! dk
Date:       2001-03-14 12:39:45

On 14 Mar 01, at 10:13, Michael H=E4ckel wrote:

> > 4.  There are still some things that should be done, but I could not f=
igure
> > out how to do them.   I would be happy to do them, if I could get some
> > hints/suggestions about how to do it.
> >
> >    a.  I could not figure out how to add a "print" to the headers menu=
 (I
> >         marked it with a comment.)
>
> Are you sure, that we really need a print action the in rmb menu?
> At least I think we do not need that there. The rmb menu should not be a
> full  copy the the main menu and the toolbar.

I agree that not too much should come into rmb.

My consideration was that the main actions done with a mail
message are:  Reply, Save (to disk or Folder), Print, Delete

So the idea is to have the main actions collected in rmb.

> If yes, you need probably to emit a signal from the headers pane that yo=
> connect to slotPrint of the main window.

I do not know what it means to emit a signal.  If you can point to
another example in the existing code, then I should be able to
figure out how to imitate it.

> >     b. I was able to "grey-out" the edit function for  the messages in=
 the
> >         MainWin, except for drafts or outbox, but I could not get it t=
> >         work in the headers.  Similarly, I tried and failed to grey it=
 out
> > in Message menu.  I would think this would be a better solution then t=
he
> > current pop-up message that says that one cannot edit a message.
>
> I think that too. But you should decide, whether you like "Edit" or
> "Edit...". I think the first one should be used for all actions.

Do you mean which label to use?  I do not have a strong opinion.  I
am happy to make it be "Edit"  I think I was just copying that
"Reply..." and others were like that.  I can make them all be "Edit"

> In the code it would be best, if you use only action for both menues.

I do not understand what you mean here.

Thanks,
   Seth

--