List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: patch for Right Mouse popup in Message and Headers Window
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-03-14 9:13:17

On Wednesday, 14. March 2001 00:11, Seth Chaiklin wrote:

> 2. Also, in the current version, when the rmb is used on the message, then
> the Move To and Copy To pop up a window, rather than the much more
> convenient style found in the "headers" window.

This change looks good.

> 4.  There are still some things that should be done, but I could not figure
> out how to do them.   I would be happy to do them, if I could get some
> hints/suggestions about how to do it.
>
>    a.  I could not figure out how to add a "print" to the headers menu (I
>         marked it with a comment.)

Are you sure, that we really need a print action the in rmb menu?
At least I think we do not need that there. The rmb menu should not be a full
copy the the main menu and the toolbar.

If yes, you need probably to emit a signal from the headers pane that you
connect to slotPrint of the main window.

>     b. I was able to "grey-out" the edit function for  the messages in the
>         MainWin, except for drafts or outbox, but I could not get it to
>         work in the headers.  Similarly, I tried and failed to grey it out
> in Message menu.  I would think this would be a better solution then the
> current pop-up message that says that one cannot edit a message.

I think that too. But you should decide, whether you like "Edit" or
"Edit...". I think the first one should be used for all actions.

In the code it would be best, if you use only action for both menues.

> 5.  Don Sanders mentioned that editing should only happen with "drafts".
> I asked about this, but didn't see any response.  I have left things now so
> that it is possible to edit both "drafts" and "outbox", but I will change
> it if it is wrong.

At least I think, that editing mails in the outbox is still sometimes useful.
Especially since edited mails are taken out of the outbox since some time,
there is no longer any problem with sending partially written mails.

Regards,
Michael Häckel