List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: patch for Right Mouse popup in Message and Headers Window
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-03-14 14:36:23

On Wednesday, 14. March 2001 13:39, seth@psy.au.dk wrote:

> I agree that not too much should come into rmb.
>
> My consideration was that the main actions done with a mail
> message are:  Reply, Save (to disk or Folder), Print, Delete
>
> So the idea is to have the main actions collected in rmb.

At least I print messages not very often and we also have a toolbar item for
that. The others that already are there look important enough. But if you
absolutely want to have it in, then do it.

> I do not know what it means to emit a signal.  If you can point to
> another example in the existing code, then I should be able to
> figure out how to imitate it.

For example in kmheaders.cpp there are several calls like "emit selected(0)".
Then in kmmainwin.cpp there is a call:
  connect(mHeaders, SIGNAL(selected(KMMessage*)),
          this, SLOT(slotMsgSelected(KMMessage*)));

Therefore always when emit selected(...) is called in KMHeaders,
KMMainwin::slotMsgSelected(...) is called.

> Do you mean which label to use?  I do not have a strong opinion.  I
> am happy to make it be "Edit"  I think I was just copying that
> "Reply..." and others were like that.  I can make them all be "Edit"

Three dots mean that a dialog appears where you can make some settings and
click Ok, before the action actually does something. An action without dots
means, that the action immediately does something. The edit action belongs to
the actions that immediately do something.

> > In the code it would be best, if you use only action for both menues.
>
> I do not understand what you mean here.

You can create one action and plug() it into several menues. In the same way
as it is already done with the actions in the main menu and at least the
action in one of the context menus.

Regards,
Michael Häckel