List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: feature freeze or not ?
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-01-29 18:28:10

On Monday, 29. January 2001 15:03, Andreas Gungl wrote:

> Would at least be good to know what you're working on. This might avoid
> double work.

I remember the trash management and folder compacting issue.
A speedup for folder compacting would of course be very nice. That is
currently really slow. I don't know if you also started with that already.
Deleting old mails from the trash automatically is also useful. Well I didn't
test your trash emptying patch yet. Since the feature freeze was moved, there
would have been a chance for that to go in, but now it is definitely too late.

> Okay, at the moment there don't seem to be dozens of KMail developers. ;-)
> Every help is welcome as long as it doesn't produce heavy overhead to fix
> the patches before they're applying.

I don't have a problem, if someone posts a patch that has some bugs or other
problems, I point them out and the author postes again a hopefully better
patch. Everyone makes errors, especially when being new to a big software
project.

However if the author doesn't want to fix these problems himself and there is
also no one else who considers it that important, that he wants to care about
them, the patch can't be committed. That was for example the problem with the
patch mentioned on kde-devel.

Unfortunately we had this problem a few times in the past which resulted in a
few not very happy developers.

Regards,
Michael Häckel