List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: feature freeze or not ?
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-01-29 19:30:15

On Monday, 29. January 2001 18:42, Philippe Fremy wrote:

> trash clean-up: when you close kmail, it ensures that mails older than an
> amount of time are deleted. You can also ensure that the trash size will
> remain below a certain amount of disk-space. All this is of course
> configurable.

Ok, I just tested your patch you posted on Jan 5. It applied without a
problem.

First remark: bad grammar :-)
I'm not a native English speaker, but I think "Remove old messages from trash
on exit. Limit: xxx" would be better. That way it also should not give any
translation problems, for the case the age has to stand in the middle of the
sentence.

Second remark: Please use a KIntNumBox instead of a QSpinBox. The QSpinBoxes
have a bug Trolltech doesn't want to fix. If you enter the number with the
keyboard and then click the Ok button with the mouse, the old value is saved
in the config file instead of the new one.

Third remark: There is a kdDebug() call in KMFolder::expungeOldMsg, where you
missed the "<< endl"

The rest of the patch looks very good.

Regards,
Michael Häckel