List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Feature Request
From:       Don Sanders <don () sanders ! org>
Date:       2000-04-27 23:33:01

On Fri, 28 Apr 2000, Steve wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Don Sanders wrote:

> > > You mean like clicking on the column header of the column with the status
> > > icons?   ;-)
> >
> > Alternatively he might mean something like Outlook express' "hide read
> > messages" option (which does not display read messages in the headers list).
>
> Exactly - that's what I meant.
>
> > > Unfortunately we have to rethink this concept for threaded message
> > > lists, however.

What we can do for threaded messages is have each item in the list keep a count
of the 'number of unread children'. (This should be easy to do, and hopfully
fast). Then we can have a "show unread threads" option complementating the "show
unread messages" option that shows all messages thread containing any unread
messages.

BFN,
Don.