List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail: Colored quoted text feature added
From:       Stefan Taferner <taferner () salzburg ! co ! at>
Date:       2000-04-20 12:03:19

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Espen Sand wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Stefan Taferner wrote:
> > Btw, about colored text in the reader window:
> >
> > Currently everything below indentation level 4 uses the
> > color of level 4.
> >
> > How about wrapping color space: let level 5 use color 1,
> > level 6 color 2, etc. ?
> >
> > Then even deep indentations would have nice different
> > colors :-)
>
> yes, and make an icredible messy and noisy display :-)

If you enable colors you already have the mess and noise.
The trick is to use colors that are not too far from the primary color
so that the contrast between the texts is not too bad.

This would be a nice feature. Not select every color manually, but
create the different colors by variation of the text color / background.
Like the button shadings are created for 3D look, but with varying
colors.

The big advantage is that you don't have to change all the colors
manually if you change the text color or background.

> It is not hard to implement. We just have to use a modulo counter
> in the line parser function. But don't do this before it possible to
> disable it.

IMO, if you use colored quotes, then making them modulo does look
better in all cases.

Well, just my $0.02 Euro :-)

--Stefan