List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: KMail: Colored quoted text feature added
From:       Espen Sand <espensa () online ! no>
Date:       2000-04-20 10:43:42

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Stefan Taferner wrote:

> > > Hmm... (testing settings dialog) ... actually, as we already have the
> > > font selection in the settings: just leave it in there.
> > >
> > > I thought that not making all the different font selections would save
> > > time, but as we have it already we should keep it.... or do I miss the
> > > point here?
> >
> > Aah, save time for the programmer do you mean?
> >
> > I was thinking about the user. Giving them the additional flexibility to
> > set the font for each indentation level has the cost of making it more
> > difficult to set the font for all indentation levels (because instead of
> > changing one font that applies to all levels of indentation they must
> > change the font for each level of indentation).
>
> Hmm... I think it is not that bad. I mean setting four fonts instead of one.

yes, quite sensible. But how often do you really change fonts? If you do it less
than once in a week (I will do it once and keep that setting) it really doesn't
matter.

I would rather see a possibility to save/restore a gui profile (where colors,
fonts and layout settings are stored). That way one can quickly jump between
setups. There should of course be a couple of "factory defaults" to choose
from. I have (for about a year :-) planned to do something like that in
khexedit.

--
Espen Sand