List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Attachments inline vs. widget
From:       Rivyn (Casey Shobe) <rivyn () mailandnews ! com>
Date:       2000-03-25 4:00:22

Recently I was reading a bug report for Balsa and happened to see this at the
bottom:

> By the way, what do you think guys about having, attachments showns as
> icons in a separate widget, instead of having them inline, as it is now?

Now, I know that Balsa is not Kmail, and Kmail is not Outlook, but I think that
this is a question that needs to be brought up.  For those of you who have used
a newer Outlook or Outlook Express, you may remember a little paperclip icon in
the top right of the message window that you would click to popup a list of
attachments and then would be able to right-click one and either open it or
save it to disk.  Or you could click to open.

Now I like inline attachments, and I do not think that we should lose them,
however wouldn't it be nice to ALSO have this sort of widget or something like
it?

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Maybe a section in preferences:

Attachment Style: