List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    TODO List - 25-Mar-2000
From:       Don Sanders <dsanders () cch ! com ! au>
Date:       2000-03-25 4:08:36

Update:

----------
New bugs
----------

Icons for attachments have stopped working, we just see a blank square in
their place. Actually I think inline images in the HTML widge may have
completely stopped working.

-----------
Bugs fixed
-----------

>  Segfault on exit due to kparts bug (also long/short folder list) (QT bug)

Sadly this hasn't been fixed in QT (even beta3) but I implemented a little
workaround.

>   Number of unread messages is getting messed up (maybe because of above
> seg?)

Does, seemed to be fixed now above seg fault is fixed.

>  POP3 kioslave is broken

Somebody fixed it (my hero!!!), experimental pop accounts are working again.

>  DnD from Konqueror to KMail not working

Fixed. I tried to get GMC drops working too (failed), but didn't try hard.

> EOL Key right completion, should be changed to Ctrl-Right completion I
> think

Done.

> Subtle refresh problem in KMFolderTree

May have been a bug in qt-copy seems to be fixed now that qt beta3 is being
used.

Actually the seem to be working the same as in KMail 1.0.x. Both can give
duplicates when using reply all. I guess it should still be fixed but it's
not that important.

Also I fixed several address book bugs.

-----------------
Remaining bugs
-----------------

Certain folders are compacting when it is not necessary (see below)
Send mail dialog shows overlapping text sometimes.
KMMsgBase skipkeyword algorithm is screwed just skips stuff in front of
 ':'. Should skip ( "Fwd: ", "Re: ", "FWD: ", "RE: " )+
Spell checking, afterwards document is readonly!
Various html widget bugs
  Custom fonts don't work.
  Custom font sizes don't work.
  Custom link/followed link colors don't work.
  Selection is broken.
  Printing doesn't work (never really did work well).
  Images don't work(new)
  Is flickering when rendering a new page (new)

---------
Features
---------

No new features have been implemented.

>  Colorfied indenting
>  New settings dialog
>  Multiple accounts
>    (with customizable signatures, send mail config, and email address).
>  Search Dialog
>  New addressbook
>  Index file needs reply to and this id
>   (Threading maybe not hard to do but maybe hard to get just right)
>  Update about dialog
>  Backing pixmaps (waiting for QT)
>  (Non blocking sending of mail, not in the near future)
>  (IMAP unrealistic in near future)

------------
Explanation
------------

>  Certain folders are compacting when it is not necessary

This is because of the filters are working is a bit messed up, the transfer
filter action can be applied multiple times to the same message. A message
can be transferred into one folder when it matches a filter, and then if it
matches another filter it can be transferred again, which means deleting it
from the original folder. Now as the original folder has had a message been
deleted from it it will be marked for compaction.

I plan to fix this by only allowing one transfer action to be applied to a
message, but this will mean the behaviour of filters will be different in
KMail 1.0.x and KMail 1.1.x.

BFN,
Don.