List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Lots of new bugs this week
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       2000-03-04 21:06:36

On Sat, 04 Mar 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
> I just finished successfully cvs updating looks like lots of new bugs
> have been introduced due to changes in qt/kdelibs.

Yes :-(

To add a few more:

* Selection of messages sort of sucks. Sometimes a message is skipped
when you delete the current message. (E.g. current message is 1, delete
this message, now the current message is 3). Also, sometimes two
messages are suddenly selected.

* No popup error messages. KMail uses Qt's warning mechanism. But this
is sort of unusable because Qt spits lots of warnings as well.
Replacing "warning(...)" with KMessageBox::sorry() calls either
directly or via a wrapper function seems like a good idea.

> Custom colors are being lost when a window loses focus to another
> application (Qt bug I think)

This is fixed in latest Qt.

Cheers,
Waldo