List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Lots of new bugs this week
From:       Don Sanders <dsanders () cch ! com ! au>
Date:       2000-03-06 9:40:32

On Sun, 05 Mar 2000, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Sat, 04 Mar 2000, Don Sanders wrote:
> > I just finished successfully cvs updating looks like lots of new bugs
> > have been introduced due to changes in qt/kdelibs.
>
> Yes :-(
>
> To add a few more:
>
> * Selection of messages sort of sucks. Sometimes a message is skipped
> when you delete the current message. (E.g. current message is 1, delete
> this message, now the current message is 3). Also, sometimes two
> messages are suddenly selected.
>
> * No popup error messages. KMail uses Qt's warning mechanism. But this
> is sort of unusable because Qt spits lots of warnings as well.
> Replacing "warning(...)" with KMessageBox::sorry() calls either
> directly or via a wrapper function seems like a good idea.

Ah, both of those are my fault. I will try to fix them. I guess I should
replace the warning calls with KMessageBox::sorry calls.

> > Custom colors are being lost when a window loses focus to another
> > application (Qt bug I think)
>
> This is fixed in latest Qt.

Not completely :-(

The composer window colors get screwed up when the KMail application becomes
inactive.

Oh, a few more bugs.
Double clicking on a message (which is meant to open up a new KMReaderWindow)
crashes KMail.

I tried to open up an attachment and KMail crashed. (Maybe for the same
reason as above).

BFN,
Don.