List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: K-Mail with a QT-Messenger: RS.
From:       Will Stephenson <wstephenson () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-08-21 7:43:34

On Tuesday 21 August 2007, Michael Schmidt said:
> as I was told (not time yet to search yor SVN code), K-Mail (as well
> withing K-PIM) is based on QT gui.

It's "KMail" not "K-Mail" :).

> (2) to integrate an Instant Messenger into K-Mail

KMail already has loosely integrated IM functionality, for 4 years now.  It
works together with Kopete, Konversation, and Licq.

If you rightclick on a contact in Kopete and choose 'Properties' then set an
Addressbook Association, that addressbook contact, when their email is viewed
in kmail, or in kaddressbook itself, will show presence in the mail headers,
and allow you to start a chat by right clicking.  It works similarly in
Konversation (rightclick someone in the channel list and set addressbook
association).  I have not tested Licq.

Will