List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: K-Mail with a QT-Messenger: RS.
From:       "Michael Schmidt" <schmidtm524 () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-21 9:29:53

On 8/21/07, Will Stephenson <wstephenson@kde.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 August 2007, Michael Schmidt said:
> > as I was told (not time yet to search yor SVN code), K-Mail (as well
> > withing K-PIM) is based on QT gui.
>
> It's "KMail" not "K-Mail" :).
>
> > (2) to integrate an Instant Messenger into K-Mail
>
> KMail already has loosely integrated IM functionality, for 4 years now.  It
> works together with Kopete, Konversation, and Licq.
>
> If you rightclick on a contact in Kopete and choose 'Properties' then set an
> Addressbook Association, that addressbook contact, when their email is viewed
> in kmail, or in kaddressbook itself, will show presence in the mail headers,
> and allow you to start a chat by right clicking.  It works similarly in
> Konversation (rightclick someone in the channel list and set addressbook
> association).  I have not tested Licq.
>
> Will

Ups, will thanks for the answer, very developped Kmail, I search for a
few days now for a good mail client, and KMail was the last I
discovered.

- Would it be possible, that Kopete integrates RS serverless IM protocol?
- Is Kopete as well QT?
- If there is a common adress book, is this developed by KMail? Then
we should add PGP singatures to the Adressbook entries, is there field
for that? (As RS has the PGP_Signature as the Adress for chatting a
user).

All that given, would KMail support an integration of RS into Kopete?

And then.. would Kopete and KMail be interested in beeing the clients
for OpenOffice?

Thanks for further guidance

Regards Mike