List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    K-Mail with a QT-Messenger: RS.
From:       "Michael Schmidt" <schmidtm524 () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-21 6:05:04

Hello

as I was told (not time yet to search yor SVN code), K-Mail (as well
withing K-PIM) is based on QT gui.

I have the request
(1) to bring K-Mail to OpenOffice.org as the Email client
(2) to integrate an Instant Messenger into K-Mail

Google Mail has google Talk integrated and all IMīs have now offline
Messaging and Thunderbrid is integrating an IM as well.

There is a new messenger out, which is based as well on QT. And which
is serveless and open source.

This could be implemented easily (with the basic functions:
login/create account, friendslist, personal chat window as a hook/pop
up window, filebrowse, Options for routersettings) into Kmail.

Or: added to the PIM Suite and K-Office Suite.

Neverminded: Kmail with IM could be the Messenger in OOo and K-Office as well.

OOo Managers asked RS IM to become the OOo Messenger component:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1753227&forum_id=618174

I want to ask, if there is interest to have K-mail the Email
application for OOo.
And if one can integrate the online presence function of RS Messenger
into Kmail,

Thanks for some feedback

Mike