List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: IMAP (and other) issues (was: Re: Blue scary screen)
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-12-25 11:57:04

On Monday 19 December 2005 22:20, Martijn Klingens wrote:> On Monday 19 December 2005 \
21:19, Ingo Klöcker wrote:> > > Sometimes when new> > > mail is collected while an \
IMAP folder is shown all the fields in the> > > list of message headers go blank, \
except the threading hierarchy> > > remains.> >> > I just saw the same problem (I \
don't remember seeing it before), but I> > was fetching mail from the local mail \
spool into a local folder. So> > this seems to be a general problem which probably \
just occurs more> > often with IMAP(?).>> I think it occurs if KMail detects new mail \
while I'm switching focus to> another mail by keyboard or mouse at the same time. The \
new mail updates> the listview by adding nodes, the mail switch updates the current \
item in> the LV. I just had it again, but as I was not using the mouse this time I \
saw some possibly interesting other effects. I was going over the last couple of \
mails in kde-commits (an online IMAP folder) when the new mail check kicked in. The \
listview flashed due to a repaint ans changed all red-coloured (new) mails to blue \
(unread). This is rather annoying in and of itself if it's the folder I'm actively \
working at, since the repaint collapsed read threads as well. Whether related or not \
to the real problem I don't know though. Anyway, the next that happened was that I \
was about to go to the next mail and select it with shift-right arrow, and this key \
had no effect anymore. None of the navigation keys worked, KMail really thought the \
folder was empty. However, the GUI still showed the mails and a scrollbar. Using the \
scroll wheel from the mouse triggered the painting oddity that we talked about \
before, now I got the white listview entries. Switching to another folder and back \
restored KMail to normal. Looks like KMail can 'forget' about all mails in the \
currently visible folder, but (fortunately) in a non-persistant, non-data corrupting \
way. And along the way it doesn't even update the listview. Hope this helps.
For now, X-mas time. Merry Christmas to everyone on this list too!
-- Martijn_______________________________________________KMail developers mailing \