List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: IMAP (and other) issues (was: Re: Blue scary screen)
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-01-03 12:36:03

On Sunday 25 December 2005 12:57, Martijn Klingens wrote:> On Monday 19 December 2005 \
22:20, Martijn Klingens wrote:> > On Monday 19 December 2005 21:19, Ingo Klöcker \
wrote:> > > > Sometimes when new> > > > mail is collected while an IMAP folder is \
shown all the fields in the> > > > list of message headers go blank, except the \
threading hierarchy> > > > remains.> > >> > > I just saw the same problem (I don't \
remember seeing it before), but I> > > was fetching mail from the local mail spool \
into a local folder. So> > > this seems to be a general problem which probably just \
occurs more> > > often with IMAP(?).> >> > I think it occurs if KMail detects new \
mail while I'm switching focus to> > another mail by keyboard or mouse at the same \
time. The new mail updates> > the listview by adding nodes, the mail switch updates \
the current item in> > the LV.>> I just had it again, but as I was not using the \
mouse this time I saw some> possibly interesting other effects. Another *very* \
interesting one: I just had this on KDE 3.4 (!!!). Using the 3.4.1 level "a" (Kontact \
1.1.1) rpms from suse for 9.2 at work, and I had the problem. The use case this time \
was different. Again it happened during the check for new mail, but this time there \
wasn't actually any new mail to report. And I wasn't browsing mail, but instead hit \
'send' on a reply. Perhaps the cause is not so much incoming mail, but instead the \
change of status bits (read/unread, or in this case 'replied') while the check for \
new mail is going on? The IMAP connection goes all the way from work to home, so it \
has been slower and had more latency than when I'm at home. This might be important, \
                since we're quite likely talking about an obscure race condition \
                here.
-- Martijn_______________________________________________KMail developers mailing \