List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Full Text Indexing for kmail
From:       Luís_Pedro_Coelho <luis () luispedro ! org>
Date:       2005-02-23 23:22:18

On Wednesday 23 February 2005 22:52, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> - Full text indexing is definitely something we should have.

Yes, it is really cool (i am using it for two weeks :)

> - There's already code for this in KMail (I think since make-it-cool),
> but it's disabled. Don can probably say more about this.

I didn't know this.

Maybe the code could be adapted for my backend.

> - I will most likely not have the time to have a closer look at it in
> the next few weeks or even months.

This is all KDE 4.0, anyway.

> - How does this integrate with the desktop wide search some people are
> said to be working on?

It is a completely different approach compared to what Manuel Amador seems to
be doing. He seems to be using a database as a backend,  I have done a
backend. This backend could be used for anything.

The kmail integration part is the worse of what I have done, actually.

regards,
--
luispedro
Petition for fair trade: