List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Reply behavior in KMail
From:       Marc Mutz <mutz () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-12-01 10:38:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 30 November 2003 13:53, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
<snip>
> Dear fellow core developers: Please take the time to read the thread
> "Ideas on Reply-To-List" on kmail@kde.org and then make your
> decision:
>
> [ ] Revert to the KDE 3.1 behavior where Reply always used the value
> of the Reply-to header
> [ ] Keep the current behavior where Reply works as Reply to Sender
> [ ] Abstention
<snip>

Since it looks like we're still 2 months from KDE 3.2, and this change
of behaviour is very controversial, I'd choose:

[x] Violate the string freeze and implement the Reply tool button as a
drop-down with the following contents:

Reply (R or SHIFt-R) <- intelligent: to-list if list (always, not only
                          on reply-to-mangling), to author else
+ Reply to All (A)
+ Reply to Mailing-List (L)

This is adding a single string "Reply To Author". I guess translators
will be able to cope with that...

I don't have an opinion on which of the two actions "reply" and "reply
to author" gets the R shortcut and which one gets SHIFT-R, though.

Marc

--
Kight, Khis Kay KDE Krogramms Kre Kasier Ko Kdentify; Gnome Grograms
Gn Ghe Gther Gand Gtart Gith G.