List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [OT] kmail filtering
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-2?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-09-11 22:00:14

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 11 September 2003 11:31, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
>  I have problem with filter rule "pipe through". I want to pipe
> message with patch AND save this message in current folder. But after
> executing filter message vanishes. Is this bug or need some fancy
> settings?

If the program that you pipe the message through outputs something on
stdout then KMail replaces the message with this output. If the output
is no valid message then it's probably lost. So to fix your problem you
have to make sure that the pipe through command doesn't output anything
on stdout so that KMail then uses the original message. To do this you
might have to write a wrapper script for patch.

Regards,
Ingo