List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: [OT] kmail filtering
From:       Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach () wp ! pl>
Date:       2003-09-11 23:48:55

Dnia Friday 12 of September 2003 00:00, napisałeś:
> On Thursday 11 September 2003 11:31, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> >  I have problem with filter rule "pipe through". I want to pipe
> > message with patch AND save this message in current folder. But after
> > executing filter message vanishes. Is this bug or need some fancy
> > settings?
>
> If the program that you pipe the message through outputs something on
> stdout then KMail replaces the message with this output. If the output
> is no valid message then it's probably lost. So to fix your problem you
> have to make sure that the pipe through command doesn't output anything
> on stdout so that KMail then uses the original message. To do this you
> might have to write a wrapper script for patch.

Thanks. Simple solution
pipe through: patch -d /directory -p0 1> /dev/null

Another solution would be implementation "copy to" action in KMail. First
copy message to another folder then pipe message. I think such action would
be useful also in other situations.

m.

ps. Still not subscribed (just for info)