List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Retaining message status info between versions (mbox format)
From:       Joe Button <kmail () joebutton ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-06-24 10:00:00

Hi.

I'm trying to work out why the mails I had on my Debian Woody installation
have lost their status information (read, answered, flagged etc) when I
symlink to the Mail directory from a new Mandrake 9.1 installation.

>From looking briefly at the source I think this info's stored in the .index
files (correct me if I'm wrong). These are obviously still there, so why
isn't the status info showing up in the new installation? It's still there in
Debian.

Has the .index format changed? Is there any way I can get the information
back?

Thanks for any assistance,

Joe