List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: html mail shown but mail headers don't
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-03-31 20:23:03

On Monday 31 March 2003 02:40, Antonio Larrosa Jiménez wrote:
> A friend of mine received a spam mail which, when open, removes the
> mail headers from kmail's widget, and only the html mail can be seen.

It's not surprising that html messages can completely mess up the
message view. Ideally we would embed the html message in an iframe.
Then it wouldn't affect anything outside this frame. But the last time
we tried this it didn't really work since the iframe got too little
space, so that the embedded frame got a pair of extra scrollbars. Not
very nice.

> There seems to be a second problem (or the same one?) :
> He forwarded it to me, added some text explaining the problem, and
> the mail I received just showed me the html spam mail (which was
> supposed to be an attachment), with no headers and no text written by
> my friend. Still I can see it's multipart/mixed and contains two
> parts: A "plain text document" (his text) and a "email message" which
> has 6 parts, one of them the HTML document that is shown when opening
> the mail.
>
> The problem happens in every header mode. And when the attachments
> are shown in "smart" mode or in "inline" mode.
>
> Should I send the spam mail to this list? or anybody wants me to send
> it to him? (Btw, the problem can be easily seen just by opening the
> mail I'll forward)

Please submit a bug report via bugs.kde.org and attach the spam mail to
this bug report. If you send it to the KMail mailing list it will
probably be blocked by spamassassin.

Regards,
Ingo