List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: proposal for threading improvements
From:       Carsten Burghardt <cb () magic-shop ! de>
Date:       2003-02-27 12:36:03

On Wednesday 26 February 2003 23:30, Till Adam wrote:
> The attached patch against kdebase/kioslave/imap4 (HEAD) does that. I've
> overloaded the ENVELOPE request for now, I don't know if you want to
> introduce a new one, something like EXTENDED_ENV or so instead. As you can

Your extension should be ok.

> see, I had to teach the parser to understand the reply, tell me if I've
> gone about this the wrong way.

I simply don't know if this is correct because I never really touched the
parser, this is Michael's realm. It looks a little bit hackish (call it a
feeling) so this needs to be tested  with different imap-servers (at least
cyrus, uw and courier).

> This, in conjunction  with my other patch to kmail in the other thread
> (ueber den sieben Bergen, bei den sieben Zwergen), produces nicely threaded
> imap folders in kmail for me. I am now a fairly happy ex mutt-user. : )

Cool!

--
Dipl.-Inf. Carsten Burghardt
PGP: http://www.magic-shop.de/Carsten_Burghardt.asc