List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: proposal for threading improvements
From:       Till Adam <till () adam-lilienthal ! de>
Date:       2003-02-27 12:44:27

On Thursday 27 February 2003 13:36, Carsten Burghardt wrote:
> On Wednesday 26 February 2003 23:30, Till Adam wrote:

> > see, I had to teach the parser to understand the reply, tell me if I've
> > gone about this the wrong way.
>
> I simply don't know if this is correct because I never really touched the
> parser, this is Michael's realm. It looks a little bit hackish (call it a
> feeling) so this needs to be tested  with different imap-servers (at least
> cyrus, uw and courier).

Well the whole parser gave off the impression of hackishness (call it a
feeling, please don't take this to mean that I criticize the way it is done).
I took a shower after touching that code :). Parsers in general seem to do
that to you. Seriously though, I'd appreciate it, if someone who knows this
parser took a look at my changes, I know too little about all this to really
judge the implications they might have.

Till