List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Integrated subset of make_it_cool
From:       Joseph Wenninger <jowenn () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-12-26 19:01:51

Hi

I'm no kmail developer, but monitoring the kmail mailinglist for some
time. (I had been a happy kmail user for quite some time, but now I'm
using pine and evoltion most of the time again.)

I'm a littlebit worried about how the kmail development culture is
evolving recently, especially since the return of Don Sanders (since
than I stopped using kmail).
I don't know him personally, but the opinion I got about him by
monitoring the mail traffic on the list, is not a good one. It could be
that I'm doing him wrong, but I don't think so.

He seems to be a selfish, arrogant person, who is unable to work in a
team or listen/care for reasonable suggestions, comments,... . I think
his usual mail signature tells everything about him. He want's everybody
believe that he is more important than he really is.
I'm involved in few KDE sub projects and other open source projects and
I have to say, if I had a person in one of that, who behaves like him, I
would have tried to get rid of him. In the long run it is dangerous for
the project, to keep such a person, because most (/all) other good,
careing developers will leave.

There had been a time where security and stability had been one of the
highest goals in kmail development. A time where I could even use HEAD
for my daily work without risking to lose mails ( I did lose about two
month of mail testing make_it_cool or kroupware).

As long as new features and the ego of certain persons are more
important than SECURITY, STABILITY and fixing known bugs, I most
probably won't return to using kmail.

That being said, have a nice day/night

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger