List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: Integrated subset of make_it_cool
From:       Zack Rusin <zack () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-12-26 17:57:48

On Thursday 26 December 2002 03:32, don@sanders.org wrote:
> I've integrated a subset of the make_it_cool changes into HEAD.

Hmm, I'm not sure what to say. Personally I'm rather pissed because I've
spent a good few hours extracting the patches from make_it_cool to
adopt to the small diff strategy. Marc has spent a lot more on it so I
can imagine that he's more unhappy than I am.

I'm pissed because that has been a perfectly valid KDE coding time
wasted. If I haven't been doing the merging I'd finish the transparency
patch for the Kicker and worked on the new tab widget. Now it seems
like that was a time I could've spent watching TV and it would be just
as productive for KDE and KMail (meaning - not at all).

But I expressed many times over, that while on this list my only concern
is the mail client. So the question is: how it works and how it has
been merged. I need to go out right now and will be back in about 6
hours so that's when I'll start testing this. I'm postponing my
judgment to make sure it's fair towards the mail client, not my
personal feelings. As soon I'll be back I'll start testing it out and
once I'll feel like I've spent enough time with KMail in its new state
I'll send another email saying what I think.

Zack

--
So many pedestrians -- so little time.